Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Start

Hey everyone. How is your weekend going? I started working out lastnight. I used the Biggest Loser dvd. I have to start out on low entensity but I go t all the way through the workout and cooldown so that was a plus. It is hard starting after not working out for so long but I have decided I am tierd of being over weight. I say having 6 kids has come at a price as I have seemed to keep 15 lbs from each pregnancy, but the truth is it starts and ends with diet and excercise.
My husband came home last night and announced he has high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and a fast heart rate. he has 6 months to get under control or he will be on meds. Scary! Let me tell you. If anything it makes me more determined to beat obesity. Easy? No way but well worth the effort. When I do workout I feel good. For me it is just finding the time. I finally just had to sneak downstairs and let my youngest cry with dad. I did have a little helper. She was right there with me until the lunges, then she took off and said she was done. She is 4.
My goal for this week is to over come my sudden impulses for sugar or salty treats, walk Tues and Thurs. and do my dvd work out at least twice.
I have looked into weight fads such as 03 World, Arbonne, and Isagenix. I did in 2006 do Isagenix cleanse and lost 13 lbs but gained it back. Has anyone had any sucess with this or something else?

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Welcome to the group~ we are all glad to have ya and push you along in any way we can AND hope you will do the same.
Weight fads are just that and typically any weight loss is only temporary. While I am not one to talk now; as I have not taken all of the nutrition training I have to heart (aka, I'm a fatty); I will share that in my experiance, diets do not work. I say, go back to basics. Eat strictly according to the Food Pyramid making sure to consume high amounts of good protein, raw fruits/veggies and very very low amounts of fat & starches. And of course stay hydrated!
If I am too preachy just tell me - my sisters say I am so sorry if that is how I came off!
At any rate, welcome to the group & Look forward to helping you meet your goal!
Victoria~

The Alaska Coyles said...

Heather,This is great for the exercising. Horray for you!! (doing the happy dance) It's always hard for me to exercise and this is not one of my favorite subjects. If you don't have time to exercise, then a great program is called "Oxycise". It only take about 15 minutes a day and you are done. You can do it all at once or split it up. It's not like aerobics where you have to keep your heatrate up for a certain time in order for it to work. The link for Oxycise is on the blog. I have done so many things and Oxycise is where it's at. If you want to read my success story, then go to that page and I will be right there. I know I don't look like that now and it has nothing to do with Oxycise...it is just pure laziness on my part!!! I am going to get back into it. I love it and it WORKS!! As for Robert, have you done the South Beach? It was created by a Cardiologist and would be great for him (and you)to do. Very easy and you do not feel deprived. Two years ago I did "the beach" and lost 50lbs in 5 months without exercising and I ate all the time. It does work and would get his cholesterol and pressure down. Remember you do not want to do anything that is "Fad" to loose weight. Whatever you do needs to be a life time change. If you want to cleanse your body...then that is a different story. There is Juice Fasting for that which will cleanse your body and then eating right. With Juice Fasting you do not want to do this if you are planning on continuing with your old habits as you will do more damage than good. We all need to realize this is a life style change we are making and not just 4,5 or however many months it takes to loose the weight. You are starting off good. Keep it up!!