Wednesday, January 14, 2009

January 14, 2009

Ok so this week so far is not going to great food wise. I am eatting to many sugary things that I am use to. For me if I eat a balanced meal I feel like I need a sweet item to. I am not sure why, and I know I need to get this out of my head, but it is hard when I have been eatting this way for awhile. I know the key is to get those kinds of food out of the house in the first place but I have several kids and taking everything away is just not fair to them.
Still I am not giving up, dicouraged but not down.
My goal for this week of Jan 12-18 is to find healthier alternatives to the sweets I am use to. I also would like to work on my portion control.
Thanks for everyones comments and insights. As soon as I can I am going to download a pic of myself so I can fit in.
Have a great week. Heather

2 comments:

shinlian said...

Eating fruit usually helps me. Also finding a dried fruit is another alternative. Usually they have a lot of sugar, but I try to find the ones that say naturally sweet or no sugar added. Canned fruit is good too. I will also eat my fruit with some sort of protein so I don't feel hungry thirty minutes later. Hope that helps.

The Alaska Coyles said...

Boy do I know what you mean in both aspects. I love carbs and sweets and also my eyes are way bigger than my stomach. This week I have gotten way better with my food. I have been preparing my meals and I have a dessert at the end of the day. This way I am not tempted as I know I will get something. There are a lot of healthy desserts you can have. When I did the "Beach" I ate desserts EVERY night and still lost the 50lbs in 5 months. I will throw out some recipes to you and see what you think.
For portion size, a trick I have learned is to eat on a Salad plate and also most of the time after I serve I will put the food away so I will not be tempted to have seconds. You should be eating 6 small meals a day. This will keep your blood sugar stable and not craving for sugar. Also like Shinlian said, when you eat carbs or sugar, have protein with it as this will slow down the time it takes for the sugar to enter into your blood stream and you will have less cravings. It really does get better!!
Keep us posted on your changes so we can give you more suggestions if needs be.
There is always a new minute and we can do anything we want with that minute, good or bad. So, hope is never lost.