Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Jan 6th - How Did Everyone Do Today?

I am seeing that not everyone is checking in each day and letting us cheer or support. It helps a lot if we are accountable not only to ourselves, but to each other. Please check this blog at least once a day and let us know how you are doing.

For me...I went walking for 1 hour. I haven't done that in such a long time. Tonight I am sore!!! I drank all my water and contiune to watch what I eat. I am noticing a difference already. More energy. Can bounce up our stairs without being winded. Mind you I still have tons...ok not tons, but about 100 lbs still to loose. I know I am loosing yet I also need to change my mindset. I have found in the past. The more I read about food, the pros and cons, the more I ate better and made better choices. Just like my boys. They read the book "Chew on This", (good book to read, I highly recommend it)and because of that book they WILL NOT eat at McDonalds.

MY (remember this is my view) feelings on food is this...We came down to earth to be tested (besides other things), Satan wants to steer us away from the gospel. He will tempt us and try to have us do wrong, have guilt, etc. He know us so well and can use this against us. I truly feel one of his best methods of temptation is food. He knows if we eat process, fried, fatty, on and on and on, foods that our bodies will slowly break down, get sick, become diseased, etc. How often, because of what we ate, do we feel tired, ran down, low self-esteem, put on weight, etc and because of this, how often do we not say our prayers, read our scriptures, treat ourselves or others with kindness and patience, etc? If I had the job of turning people from the truth...this is one sure way I would do it. Get people hooked on junk, fast, processed foods and keep their bodies polluted (without them really knowing it). I truly feel that this is why we have the Word of Wisdom (more on this later).
Just my thoughts:>)

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I did great today! Making changes slowly = I ate all 90 grams of protein (+6), made a choice to eat the brown rice and not the white, drank all of my water, ate my 4 veggies & 2 friut and had only a very small peice of pot roast w/ dinner.
It has almost be a week on plan for me and I already feel a difference w/ my energy level, my focus and my pee is clear (yeah me)...

The Alaska Coyles said...

Hip, Hip Horray!!! Great job. Keep up the great work. You're flying, girl!

momof6kidz said...

This is so true. You are Awesome and have a great testimony. Its crazy how what you said is true, yet do we think if I eat this candy bar I may not have the energy to pray later?, No I am thinking if I eat this candy bar now, it's going to taste good. Thanks for the eye opener.I'll do my best to keep up each day.