Monday, January 5, 2009

Recipe of the Week

FLAX SEED MEAL PANCAKE

Serving: 1 (2 big pancakes)

2 Eggs
3 TBS ground Flax seed
1 TBS Psyllium Husks
1/8 tsp Salt
2 pks Splenda (or your sugar preference)
1 tsp Baking powder
Dash Vanilla

Stir all together until combined, let sit a couple of minutes to thicken, add a couple tsps of water if you think it's too thick. Pour into sprayed skillet and brown on both sides. Serve with sugar-free maple syrup.

The family loves these and you are getting all protein in this one, so if you want some good carbs add a piece of fruit.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

While I am not a flax seed fan, I will try this as it sounds pretty yummy. But where does the cake part come in. It must be the egg proteins - well I will try and let ya know what I think.

The Jones Family said...

I have a great FOOD suggestion. It is something that we did w/ my Slim4Life group. Any money that you would otherwise spend on junk food, eating out and/or overeating, put it in a safe place and when you meet milestones like 10 - 25 - 50 lbs, take the $$ and spend it on yourself! I started today - was tempted to get my normal chicken nuggets from McD's but instead put the $$ in a pig bank (of which I have altered the face w/ a picture of me on it-LOL) You'll also be amazed how much money you can save!!!

The Alaska Coyles said...

You will love these. David doesn't like pancakes, yet love these.

Great job with keeping away from the chicken nuggets. Read "Chew on This". You will not want to eat at Micky Ds again.