Thursday, February 12, 2009

How do I begin to Change?

We have all asked this question before...How do I begin to change? There are so many who know how to exercise or/and how to eat healthy. What so many people are missing is how to apply that knowledge. With out this you will always struggle. This is what is known as the abyss. Once we learn how to cross the abyss, we can then enjoy the changes in the way we look and feel. In order to cross this abyss, we need to realize this is more than weight loss...it is about life and living.

First off I want everyone to grab a piece of paper and a pencil. I want you to think about these questions and then write down your answers. As you think about these questions, I want you to look DEEP inside of yourself for the honest answers.

Real changes start on the inside. First question.
1. Have you made the decision to change?
Most people will tell you they have decided to change, yet have they really? Are they really ready to put ALL efforts in achieving their goal? You need to know the reasons why you want to change.
Next question.
2. What are your reasons for making the decision to change?
It is one thing to say you want to loose so many pounds, yet it is another to have a doctor tell you that you are going to die if you do not loose the weight. Understand?

Here is a question to help find your reasons:
3. When I look at myself, do I honestly like what I see?
Take a look. Don't just glance. Stop in front of the mirror and really look at yourself, from head to toe, then answer that question. This is where a photo of yourself really comes in handy. Make sure you are wearing shorts or a swimming suit. Something that will not "hide" all your body.

Now look at it and ask these questions.
4. How do I feel deep down inside?
5. How do I really feel about myself?
6. Am I confident, energetic, and strong?
7. What are the pros and cons of continuing in the direction I'm going?
8. Would I like to create a brighter future?
When you answer these questions, your reasons for making the decision to change will become clear. Now write down your reasons for wanting to change. Read them every morning and night. Do not skip. This will become a guide in your journey to begin to change.

No comments: