Friday, February 20, 2009

1 Day at a time

Ok ladies lets face it losing weight is NOT easy. I am learning that what I put in my mouth ultimately is what will add to my hips. I have been doing a workout with Jillian everyday for 2 weeks. I feel better but am a little discouraged I have not quote "lost weight" Now a big plus is I was able to buy a Valentine's dress in a smaller size. So as i am being told sometimes we lose inches not fat as muscle weighs more than fat.
I for one am grateful for Lynnda in my life. I am actually atill working out a month later and consistency is a hard one for me.
Also If you need a wake-up call get your measurements. neck, knee, waist, hips, thighs..the whole thing. That will wake you up. Lynnda did those with me yesterday and besides 3 other ladies knowing my measurements I do feel better. I sort of feel like now I have to keep going because others know.
I made a better choice for dessert last night. Instead of those cookie my head wanted, I made my family and I fruit salads with yogurt and coolwhip topping. complaints? None. Infact hubby says it was better than ice cream and we did not feel weighed down and groggy like I usually do.
It was great!
I have shin splints and I am also weaning my 14 month old so pain is distributed evenly right now, But I am not giving up. I can see some defining in my uppper arms and my abs. It is a start.
Thanks ladies and remember don't blow it on un-healthy choices this weekend.I read this week it takes 500 less calories per day for a week to lose 1 lb of weight. So it does matter what we eat. We can do it, and together we can do it even better! Hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

The Alaska Coyles said...

Thanks Heather. I love helping others get healthy as I know they will feel better and love their bodies better. You are doing GREAT! The fruit sounds yummy. I suggest you try the Peanut butter Fudge Ice cream (recipe here and on the other blog). This is so yummy, you would swear you are cheating, when in fact you are only intaking about 75 cals. Keep working at making "baby" steps and you will win. Just don't rush things. Remember it has taken awhile to put it on and you need to allow your body at least that much time to take it off.